Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Skip breakfast? Heck no, stop by Starbucks for something healthy and satisfying

I am a wakeup procrastinator, if there is such a word. I will hit snooze over and over until I know I only have 10 minutes to roll out of bed, hit the bathroom and walk out the door. Most mornings I don't have time to eat anything for breakfast. Protein shakes come in handy. But after a while, that gets really old.

So I started swinging by Starbucks (since it is literally, 2 minute walk from my house). I actually enjoy Starbucks so much, I have put many of their children through college!

My favorite breakfast is a Greek yogurt & a tall redeye (w/ light cream and 5 equals)
- not the best choice, but by far better than skipping breakfast entirely and risking my metabolism drop.

If the Greek yogurt doesn't appeal to you, may I suggest the following to suffice. Although pricey it is to eat at Starbucks every morning, but so is the weight gain that accompanies skipping breakfast and the health problems caused by weight gain. Either way, you're paying the price.


Protein Plate
330 calories with peanut butter, 260 without (about one-third of your daily protein intake)


Perfect Oatmeal (ask for protein powder to complete the meal)
140 calories for just oatmeal; 100 calories for nut medley; 100 calories for dried fruit; 50 calories for brown sugar

Vivanno
260-280 calories.
A tad high in sugar

There are actually quite a few more options on the menu, but not easy to eat on the road to work

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment