Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beauty Secret of the Week

Winter is finally peeking over the horizon, and with chilly temperatures comes low moisture in the air, and then the dreaded dry skin. I personally have never had to deal with really dry skin (you know the kind that cracks and bleeds) but I do surely get ashy legs.  Especially if I shave with soap or shaving cream.  So years ago (like back in high school), I stumbled on something that took care of that issue; I started shaving with hair conditioner instead of shaving cream. And CHEAP hair condition, mind you. Like Suave hair conditioner. And that is exactly what I used for years until I moved here to Vegas where the humidity level is practically zero percent.
I've always loved Tigi Bed Head's Control Freak conditioner, but due to lack of humidity in air, washing my hair every day was devastating. So I had to learn to go 2-3 days without washing my hair. And of course this practice did not go well with Tigi Control Freak. So there it was; this full bottle of $40 hair conditioner that I couldn't use on my hair. Had to do something with it, so it made its way on down to my legs.  And let me tell you, the shave has never been so smooth. The problem was, Control Freak is pricey ! ! !  So, me the bargain shopper set out to find the best deal on Control Freak and my journey landed me on the pages of eBay where tens of sellers sell off overstock, and closeouts and inventory buyouts from failed companies. Now do keep in mind that since it's not your hair, it's your legs, the bottle does not have to be new or not-expired. Been there, done that... and it's ok to buy a really old bottle. Just shake it up; it works well on your legs.  THe second best place to get it is at Marshalls and occasionally Ross. Finally, last but not least Google



Now if spending that much money on a pseudo shaving cream does not fancy your, may I suggest the Pantene Frizzy to Smooth formula or it's Walmart version.  I find this is a great alternative when I need to save money

The secret is to do all your washing and save your shaving for last. You don't need a lot of product. Just enough to smooth the strokes of your razor. Then rinse off any excess product. Don't wash off.

Happy silky smooth shavin'!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment