Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review of Booty Barre fitness class

I have been training to be a Pilates instructor under Jessica Rabo at CORE Studios in Las Vegas for a month now. I have grown a passion for this art after realizing that traditional personal training just isn't for me, and it's not good for my shoulder and back issues.

Jessica also teaches a class called "Booty Barre", which is a 60 or 90 minute class of grueling full body and core toning exercises done mostly on a traditional ballet barre, using a mat, dumbbells and thera-bands. Now I have done an actual Ballet Barre toning class when I was working at the Sports Club-LA in Irvine and I loved it. But that class was entirely legs and it was moderate in intensity.  Booty Barre takes it to a whole new level

Jessica has a grasp on technique and form like no other instructor I have ever see. This beautiful young and accomplished lady sees all and actually pulls you into correct form... then BAM.... you feel the exercise tenfold.  With the exception of military basic training and my own HIIT training, Jessica has given me the 2 hardest workouts of my life and every day, I feel stronger and stronger.

Jessica starts off the class with a warmup, which with my still being out of shape was actually intense like a high rep set. We immediately went into some upper body toning with dumbbells while adding some legs.  Then the rest of the class was all lower body and core. We did a bunch of traditional ballet moves in the first and second position (ballet terminology), some light plyos, lots of lunges and squats; my quads were killing me  to the point where I could not keep up. But thank goodness my pride isn't so thick and I stopped a couple of times for a breather  or two... or three... or fourr :-D.  We then finished off with a series of traditional Mat Pilates done in perfect for and with perfect technique. Jessica walked around the class and made sure everyone was doing it correctly.

And yes.... I sweated A L O T!  This class isn't a joke and

Despite being one of the more difficult classes that would normally deter newbies, Jessica is quite adept in informing newbies modifications and not being pushy. This is one class where you push yourself to your own potential, not the instructor's.   Don't be afraid, you can let it kill you. You can also tailor it to make it a smooth class. But you WILL sweat !

 




[caption id="attachment_1004" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Booty Barre"]Booty Barre by Trainer Jo[/caption]

Call Jessica Today to join the only Booty Barre class in Las Vegas
See pic above for phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment